The Junior League of Collin County (JLCC) provides volunteers and funding to area nonprofit agencies for the benefit and enrichment of the Collin County community and the development and education of our League volunteers.
Each year, JLCC invests thousands of volunteer hours to community agencies and programs. This year, nearly 1,000 League members will provide more than 36,000 volunteer hours to the League’s projects and programs.
In addition to the volunteer service that League members contribute to our community, JLCC has provided millions of dollars over the years to fund programs and agencies that improve the overall well-being of our community.
We are thrilled to have worked with the following nonprofits in the 2018-19 League year.
JLCC provides financial support to agencies throughout Collin County. The purpose of the Agency Assistance Fund is to allocate money to community agencies for short-term program support and/or emergency needs.
- BIND – Brain Injury Network of Dallas
- Baby Booties Diaper Bank
- Children and Community Health Clinic
- Foster Friends
- GEMS – 417th District
- Health Services of North Texas
- Heritage Farmstead Museum
- Metro Dallas Homeless Alliance
- North Texas Performing Arts
- Plano Children’s Medical Clinic
- Plano Children’s Theater
- Plano ISD School Age Parent Program
- Plano Metropolitan Ballet
- Plano Retired Teachers Association
- Turning Point Rape Crisis Center
- Wellness Center of Older Adults
JLCC provides an annual Community Grants program that supports nonprofits focused on solving social challenges in Collin County. Congratulations to the nonprofits below for receiving grants in 2018-19.
- Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County Room Redecoration Project
- Grace to Change Adolescent Substance Abuse Program
Done in a Day Projects
Done In A Day projects provide quick-response or short-term project support for Collin County communities. JLCC provides volunteer support for community projects that can be accomplished in a one-time evening or weekend effort. When nonprofit agencies are limited in achieving their goals because of lack of volunteers, this program provides a dedicated group of JLCC volunteers to work on short-term projects. All projects meet a community need in Collin County.
- Art Centre of Plano
- Frisco Fastpacs
- Harrington Elementary School
- Kinsey African American Art & History Collection
- My Possibilities
- National Autism Association
- North Texas Food Bank
- North Texas Habitat for Humanity
- North Texas Performing Arts Repertory Theatre
- Texas Pool
- Visiting Nurses Association
Each year the JLCC provisional classes participate in a variety of community projects as part of their membership requirements. A provisional is considered a woman is who going through our provisional training program to prepare them for active membership within JLCC. Below are the nonprofits our 2018-19 provisional classes supported. For more information about one of our provisional member’s experience, check out our blog.
- Cityhouse – My Friend’s House
- Friday Nite Friends Harvest Celebration
- Frisco Fastpacs
- Heritage Village at Chestnut Square
- HUGS Cafe
- Journey of Hope
- Plano Families First
Women Helping Women
Did you know feminine hygiene products are one of the most requested items in shelters across Collin County? Did you know most schools do not keep a supply of products on hand for students in need? Did you know in Texas, feminine hygiene products are classified as a luxury item; therefore, taxed as luxury goods and cannot be purchased with food stamps or any other form of federal or state assistance? During the 2018-19 year, JLCC collected over 30,000 feminine hygiene products to deliver to the area nonprofits listed below. For more information about the Women Helping Women initiative, check out our blog.
Creating Lasting Community Change
JLCC is a driving force behind the kinds of initiatives that make Collin County a healthier and safer place to live. From our beginning, JLCC played a key role in the establishment and continued development of the great initiatives listed below.
Our members brainstormed, researched, fundraised, launched and serve…
- Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County
- Collin County Council on Family Violence
- Collin County Juvenile Detention Center
- Hope’s Door Women’s Shelter
- Juvenile Mentoring Program (JuMP)
- Plano Community Garden
- Sci-Tech Discovery Center
- Serenity High
- Substance Abuse Prevention Agency of Collin County
- Volunteer Center of Collin County