Top 5 Reasons to make JLCC your North Texas Giving Day Donation
By now you’ve likely heard of North Texas Giving Day. Each year in September this day is a collaborative fundraiser for over 2,700 DFW-area charities. This year North Texas Giving Day is Thursday, September 20. Special events such as concerts, food trucks, and other activities help promote this special day and highlight the charities it benefits.
Junior League of Collin County (JLCC) proudly participates in North Texas Giving Day each year. Why donate to JLCC? We’re glad you asked. Here are 5 fabulous reasons to make JLCC your charity of choice on North Texas Giving Day.
- We develop women. This is truly what sets JLCC apart from other nonprofits. We spend thousands of dollars each year on leadership training and professional development opportunities for women. We believe in the power of women throughout our community – from the workroom to the boardroom; professionally and personally; in the for-profit, nonprofit and civic arenas.
- Making a lasting change. The League was the driving force behind the kinds of initiatives that make Collin County a better place to live. JLCC played a key role in the establishment and continued development of the Collin County Juvenile Detention Center; Volunteer Center of Collin County; Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County; Plano Community Garden; Hope’s Door New Beginnings; Serenity High; Sci-Tech Discovery Center; and the Collin County Council on Family Violence.
- We’re not done. Each year the women of the JLCC research ways to tackle social issues across our community. We provide job readiness training to survivors of domestic violence. We offer life-skills training to young adults who have aged out of the foster care system. We mentor first-time juvenile offenders currently serving probation, and have seen a 93% non-recidivism rate!
- 51,818 volunteer hours. We don’t just support our charities with money, we also spend numerous hours volunteering with them and doing the work. JLCC’s nearly 1,000 members completed 51,818 volunteer hours last year.
- It’s easy to donate. Just go to https://www.northtexasgivingday.org/jlcc and click “Donate Now”. Plus JLCC’s Executive Leadership Council and Board of Directors will personally match the first $2,000 in donations.
Every donation to JLCC supports the Collin County community. Simply visit https://www.northtexasgivingday.org/jlcc to give to JLCC. Thanks in advance for your support! #NTXGIVINGDAY
Interested in learning more about or becoming a JLCC member? Click here to learn more.
Written by Athena Thomas, 1st year active