Thank you for your interest in joining the Junior League of Collin County (JLCC)! We are an organization of nearly 1,000 women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
Junior League of Collin County is now accepting Membership Applications for the 2019-2020 year. Apply today!
Prospective Member Information Sessions
We offer information sessions year-round for prospective members to learn about the Junior League’s mission, community programs, and requirements as well as meet current members. Each year women from across the Collin County area embark on a journey to serve their communities and develop their own leadership potential through the JLCC. One unique characteristic of the JLCC is the diversity of its membership with ages ranging from 21 to 80+. Women are invited to join at any life stage and serves as an excellent conduit to acclimate to the community especially for newcomers to Collin County.
- Saturday, May 4th at 10:00 am at the JLCC Office (5805 Coit Rd, Suite 301, Plano)
- Tuesday, May 14th at 6:00 pm at Zaytinya (6655 Winning Drive, Frisco)
- Tuesday, May 21st at 7:00 pm at JLCC Office (5805 Coit Rd, Suite 301, Plano)
- Saturday, June 1st at 10:00 am at JLCC Office (5805 Coit Rd, Suite 301, Plano)
Demonstrate an interest in volunteering. Show a commitment to community service. Prospective members must be 21 and older. The Junior League of Collin County has an open membership policy; therefore, prospective members do not need to live in Collin County. A sponsor is not required to join.
- Attend three of seven General Membership Meetings held monthly
- Attend five Provisional Training Meetings
- Complete one Fund Development shift to support our fundraising efforts
- Complete one Done in a Day project shift
- Serve nine hours during the course of preparation and execution of the Trinkets to Treasures project
- $100 merchandise donation for Trinkets to Treasures – details will be provided
- Attend one Spring Placement Meeting in anticipation of being placed into Active status
- Provisional Fee – $100 (one time fee)
- Membership Dues – $140
- Fundraiser Contribution – $35
To apply for membership with the Junior League of Collin County please click here.
We host two classes per year in order to appeal to a broad spectrum of women with varying schedules and learning preferences. Option one is a ten-month class with the deadline to join being June 1 and the time commitments spanning August to May. Option two is a five-month class with the deadline to join being December 1 and the time commitments spanning January to May. We encourage you to apply and once you have done so we will be in contact to discuss next steps.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.