Originally published by The Dallas Morning News | Mar. 8, 2021
by Teri Webster
Individuals and organizations are invited to make nominations for the 2021 Junior League of Collin County’s Collin County Women of Influence Awards.
The program celebrates volunteerism and recognizes women who are making a difference in the community, according to an announcement by the Junior League of Collin County. Nominations will be accepted online through March 26.
Finalists for 2021 will be recognized during a reception on June 10 at Verona Villa in Frisco. The reception will also honor the 2020 recipients of award. The event will be open to the public and tickets will be available in late April.
Categories and their descriptions are as follows:
- Collin County Female Business Leader of the Year: Recognizes a leader who supports the non-profit sector and is recognized by her organization, profession and peers.
- Collin County Young Professional of the Year: Recognizes a young professional woman who making or is on track to making, significant contributions to her profession and her community.
- Collin County Volunteer of the Year: Recognizes an outstanding female adult for her exceptional commitment to volunteer service, which strengthens the entire Collin County community.
- Collin County Newcomer of the Year: Recognizes a woman who either recently relocated to Collin County or who has made a significant difference in volunteerism in a short amount of time.
- Collin County Non-profit Professional of the Year: Recognizes a paid employee of a non-profit who is a well-known leader with a “proven track record of growth, success, and influence in both her profession and her community.”
Additional information about the awards and the Junior League of Collin County is available online.