PROSPECTIVE MEMBER INFORMATION SESSIONS
We offer information sessions year-round for prospective members to learn about the Junior League’s mission, community programs, and requirements as well as meet current members. Each year women from across the Collin County area embark on a journey to serve their communities and develop their own leadership potential through the JLCC. One unique characteristic of the JLCC is the diversity of its membership with ages ranging from 21 to 80+. Women are invited to join at any life stage and serves as an excellent conduit to acclimate to the community especially for newcomers to Collin County.
UPCOMING PROSPECTIVE MEMBER INFORMATION SESSIONS
- Saturday, December 1 at 10:00 a.m.
- Monday December 3 at 6:00 p.m. at The Capital Grill, 7300 Dallas Pkwy, Plano, TX 75024
All Prospective Member Information Sessions will be held at the Junior League of Collin County office at 5805 Coit Road in Plano unless otherwise specified.
If you are interested in attending a Prospective Member Information Session at our office, please click here and select the date in which you would like to attend.
Demonstrate an interest in volunteering. Show a commitment to community service. Prospective members must be 21 and older. The Junior League of Collin County has an open membership policy; therefore, prospective members do not need to live in Collin County. A sponsor is not required to join.
- Attend 3 of 7 General Membership Meetings held monthly
- Attend 5 Provisional Training Meetings
- Serve 1 Fund Development shift to support our fundraising efforts
- Complete one Provisional Project
- Serve 12 hours during the course of preparation and execution of the Trinkets to Treasures fundraiser
- $100 cash or merchandise donation for Trinkets to Treasures – details will be provided
- Attend one Spring Placement Meeting in anticipation of being placed into Active status
- Provisional Fee – $100 (one time fee)
- Membership Dues – $140
- Fundraiser Contribution – $35
To apply for membership with the Junior League of Collin County please click here.
We host two classes per year in order to appeal to a broad spectrum of women with varying schedules and learning preferences. Option one is a ten-month class with the deadline to join being June 1st and the time commitments spanning August to May. Option two is a five-month class with the deadline to join being December 1st and the time commitments spanning January to May. We encourage you to apply and once you have done so we will be in contact to discuss next steps.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.